It’s that time of the year. Which time you may be asking? The time when one second it’s 2am and the next it’s 3am. We often forget it’s happening until it happens, but losing an hour of sleep to Daylight Saving Time can actually be a nightmare. Unfortunately, you might feel tired, groggy, and even jet-lagged the next day and Monday will be even worse. (Because it’s Monday.)
Take back the hour of sleep you lost by taking a midday nap at work. And when your boss asks what you’re doing with your head down and laptop closed, tell them..
1. Midday naps can improve cognitive performance, reaction time, logical reasoning, your mood, and even your creativity.
2. Nappers show better impulse control If you go for that 3rd coffee though, we won’t judge.
3. A power nap will leave you feeling refreshed and alert Enough to make it through the day. We think.
4. Studies have linked widespread sleep loss to increased numbers of accidents and on-the-job accidents the following week. It’s true.
5. Changing the clocks (even by an hour) throws off our internal, biological clocks. And it can take days, weeks, or even months to adjust.
6. Naps improve our ability to learn and process new information And clear out any unnecessary information.
7. Researchers have found that naps make you feel less tired and can boost your overall mood making you happier. Your coworkers will appreciate your nap even more than you think.
So you’re ready for a nap now…right?